Bathroom Renovations Cost Sydney
Not sure how much does it cost to renovate your bathroom or just after a ballpark? This article will help you find out the average bathroom renovation cost Sydney and factors that influence the renovations cost directly.
When it comes to knowing the average bathroom renovation cost, there are several factors to consider….
- Type of renovation you are after (structural work, retiling, adding skylights etc.)
- Size of your bathroom
- Quality of bathroom fixtures
- Labor cost
How Much to Renovate a Bathroom?
In 2018, Housing Industry Association (HIA) released a survey report for kitchen and bathroom renovations. The survey discovered that the average bathroom renovation cost in Australia was $17,522, while installing a bathroom in a newly constructed property would cost at an average of $16,430.
Don’t be discouraged by the stats from HIA as we all know averages are misleading. The HIA study didn’t classify costs based on the type of renovation work that was undertaken. For example, we didn’t know whether the average bathroom renovation cost involved structural work only because that would have definitely increased the average cost.
So, how much to renovate a bathroom boils down to multiple considerations and variables, and the actual cost of a bathroom renovation will vary depending on your taste, requirements and situation. We have renovated bathrooms for as low as $5,000 and as high as $25,000 or more. It all depends on your renovation goals and how you envision the new bathroom.
Generally speaking, bathroom renovations in Sydney are divided into three cost categories:
- Budget – $5,000 to $10,000
- Typical or Standard – more than $10,000 to $20,000
- High-end or luxury – over $20,000
8 Key Bathroom Renovation Cost Determinants
If you want to know what factors influence the cost of a bathroom renovation, read below. Below are 8 reasons why one bathroom would cost $5,000 -$10,000 while another more than $20,000
- Structural remodel
- Choice of tiles and fittings – high end, typical or budget?
- Adding skylights or new windows
- Bathroom size – ensuite, hallway family bathroom, laundry toilet?
- Replacing or moving plumbing and fittings
- New bathroom installation altogether
- Luxury renovations – underfloor heating, smart bathroom (smart mirror, toilet, vanity etc.)
- Bathroom lighting and how much electrical work you need
Bathroom Renovation Cost Breakdown
There are lots of suggestions available on bathroom renovation cost breakdown on the internet but, to be honest you’ll always get a different price when you start contacting people. Hence, we have stayed away from listing down a bunch of figures because the market prices vary a lot depending upon where you reside in Sydney and what you are after considering your taste.
It’s inevitable for you to get real quotes for the trades and prices for the materials and fitting you’ll install in your bathroom.
It essentially comes down to two factors;
- Fittings & fixtures
More often than not labor costs twice as much as materials. It is not always the case but, does happen often enough to hold true at least when you are budgeting.
Bathroom renovation cost Sydney depends on several factors and no two renovations are same.
- If you are planning to renovate your bathroom, then you have to do your due diligence rather than relying on the information on the internet so you don’t end up spending more than necessary.
- Know your renovation goals first before allocating any budget
- Once you know what you want, start getting quotes from tradespeople to factor in the major cost first. Avoid over the phone quotes and have professionals visit your property to provide accurate quotes.
- Finally, research for materials and fittings.
We hope this detailed article will help you determine the average renovation cost of your bathroom!